You can generally use our website without providing any personal data. If a data subject wishes to use our company’s services via our website, personal data may have to be processed. If the processing of personal data is required and there is no legal basis for such processing, we will always obtain the consent of the data subject.
The processing of personal data (e.g., name, address, e-mail address or shortened IP addresses of a data subject) is always in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in accordance with our country-specific data protection regulations.
As the controller, we have implemented numerous technical and organisational measures to ensure the most complete protection possible of personal data processed through our website. However, data transmissions over the Internet can generally contain security holes. Thus, 100% protection cannot be guaranteed. Therefore, of course, any data subject can also transmit personal data by phone, for example.
1. Definitions under the GDPR
- ‘Personal data’ refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter the ‘data subject’); such natural person is regarded as identifiable as they can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular, by association with an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more special characteristics that are an expression of the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of this natural person;
- ‘Data subject’ is any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data is processed by the data controller.
- ‘Processing’ refers to any process performed with or without the aid of automated procedures or any such series of operations relating to personal data, such as the collection, recording, organisation, ordering, storage, adaptation or modification, reading, querying, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of provision, correlation or association, restriction, erasure or destruction of personal data;
- ‘Restriction of processing’ refers to the marking of personal data stored in order to limit its future processing;
- ‘Profiling’ is any kind of automated processing of personal data which involves the use of such personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular, to analyse and predict aspects relating to job performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, whereabouts or relocation of this natural person;
- ‘Controller’ is the natural person or legal entity, public authority, body or other agency that alone or jointly with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data; if the purposes and means of such processing are determined by the law of the European Union or the law of the Member States, the controller or the specific criteria for the controller’s appointment may be provided for under European Union law or the laws of the Member States;
- ‘Recipient’ is a natural person or legal entity, public authority, body or other agency to whom personal data is disclosed, regardless of whether or not the recipient is a third party. However, authorities that may receive personal data under Union or national law in connection with a particular mission are not considered to be recipients; the processing of such data by said authorities is in accordance with the applicable data protection rules pursuant to the purposes of the processing;
- ‘Third party’ is a natural person or legal entity, public authority, body or other agency other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and the persons authorised under the direct responsibility of the controller or processor to process the personal data;
- ‘Consent’ of the data subject is any voluntary expression of will, in an informed and unambiguous manner, in the form of a statement or other unambiguous confirmatory act by which the data subject expresses his or her agreement to the processing of the personal data concerning him or her.
2. Name and contact details of the controller who is responsible for processing
EIZO Europe GmbH, represented by Managing Directors Messrs Minoru Kontani and Yoshitaka Jitsumori, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: (+49-2161) 821-00, fax: (+49-2161) 8210-150
3. Contact details of the data protection officer:
Bechtle GmbH IT-Systemhaus, EIZO Data Protection Officer Mr Philipp M. Moehrle, Parkstraße 2-8, 47829 Krefeld, Germany, telephone: (+49-251) 455-836, e-mail: eeg-data-protection(at)eizo.com, website: www.bechtle.com
4. Deletion and blocking of personal data
We process and store the data subject’s personal data only for the period of time required to achieve the purpose of its storage or as provided for by the applicable laws governing the controller.
If the purpose of its storage no longer applies or if a legally prescribed retention period expires, the personal data will be routinely blocked or deleted in accordance with the statutory provisions.
5. Collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of the data’s use
On its website, EIZO collects and processes personal data for the following events and occasions, although not all operations listed necessarily apply to every language variant of EIZO websites or are available. Where third parties are involved in the processing of personal data, an agreement for contract data processing was concluded with each one separately.
a) When visiting the website
You can generally use our website without revealing your identity. When you visit our website, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in what is known as a log file. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until it is deleted automatically:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL)
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer, as well as the name of your access provider.
We process the aforementioned data for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection to the website
- Ensuring the convenient use of our website
- Evaluation of system security and stability, and
- for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances will we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
b) When using our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you an opportunity to contact us via a form provided on our website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address, so that we know the originator of the request and can reply to it. Further details are necessary depending on the form and purpose of the processing or can be provided voluntarily. This will be indicated in the respective forms. It is up to you to decide whether you want to enter this information in the contact form.
The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (a) GDPR based on your voluntarily granted consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be deleted automatically after completion of the request made by you.
c) When ordering through our website
You can place orders through our website without registration. The user data required for the conclusion of the contract, the execution of the contract and invoicing in relation to the goods to be paid is stored in the content management system of the website and forwarded to the operator of the EIZO webshop. The operator of the EIZO webshop is the company F&M Systemhaus GmbH, Berlin, Germany, and thus represents the contractual partner for all orders placed through the EIZO webshop, and its General Terms and Conditions apply.
Your personal data will be entered into a screen on our website and transmitted to us, stored and transmitted to the EIZO webshop operator. When you place an order via our website, we initially collect the following personal data:
- Title, first name, last name
- A valid e-mail address
- Postal address
- Optional delivery address including any different title, first name, last name
This data is collected
- to identify you as our customer;
- to process, fulfil and handle your order;
- to communicate with you;
- for invoicing purposes;
- to settle any possible liability claims, as well as to assert any claims against you;
- to ensure the technical administration of our website;
- to manage our customer data.
In addition to the transmission to the operator of the EIZO webshop, the following user data is stored accordingly in the EIZO content management system for a period of three months. The service provider of the EIZO content management system is the company TWT reality bytes, Cologne, Germany.
This data is collected
- to identify you as our customer and your order process;
- to be able to review and revise your order if necessary;
- to communicate with you in the event of technical problems during the ordering process;
- to settle any possible liability claims, as well as to assert any claims against you;
- to ensure the technical administration of our website.
As part of the ordering process, we will obtain your consent to process this information.
Data processing is based on your order and is in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (b) GDPR for the stated purposes for the proper processing of your order and for the mutual fulfilment of obligations arising from the purchase agreement.
The personal data collected by us for the processing of your order will be stored until the expiry of the statutory retention obligation and then deleted, unless, under Article 6 para. 1 S. 1 (c) GDPR, we are obliged to store the data for a longer period of time due to tax-related and commercial retention and documentation requirements (HGB [German Commercial Code], StGB [German Tax Code] or AO [German Regulation of Taxation]), or unless you consented to further retention in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (a) GDPR.
d) When submitting our service and repair form
For servicing and repairs regarding our goods, we offer you an opportunity to submit your service case via a form provided on our website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address, so that we know the originator of the request and can reply to it. Further details are necessary depending on the form, scope of service and purpose of the processing or can be provided voluntarily. This will be indicated in the respective forms. It is up to you to decide whether you want to enter this information in the service form. The user data required for carrying out the service order, the performance of the service and any invoicing of repair services to be paid, if this service is not covered by the warranty service of EIZO, will be handled by EIZO Nordic AB, Upplands Väsby, Sweden.
e) When signing up for an EIZO Newsletter
We offer you the possibility to be included in the mailing list for an EIZO Newsletter via a form provided on our website. This requires a valid e-mail address, so that we can first send a one-time confirmation e-mail to this address in order to confirm your inclusion in our mailing list. Only after you confirm the registration by clicking on the link contained in this confirmation e-mail will your e-mail address be added to our mailing list (double opt-in). Further details such as title, first name, last name are requested on the registration confirmation page, but providing these details is entirely voluntary. It is up to you to decide whether you want to enter this information in the contact form.
The user data required to deliver the EIZO Newsletter will be forwarded to the operator of the EIZO Newsletter System. The operator of the EIZO Newsletter System is the company Xqueue, Offenbach, Germany.
f) When participating in EIZO sweepstakes
From time to time we offer you an opportunity to participate in a competition through a form provided on our website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address, so that we can register your participation using this personal data. If you win, we will also use this e-mail address to contact you in order to initiate the processing of any prizes. In this case, further personal data such as the postal address is requested in order to deliver any prizes. The user data required for the EIZO competition is stored in the EIZO content management system. The service provider of the EIZO content management system is the company TWT reality bytes, Cologne, Germany. Once the processing of prizes is complete, all participant data will be deleted from the content management system.
g) When signing up for workshops or events
From time to time we offer you an opportunity to register for a workshop or event via a form provided on our website. It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address, so that we can register your participation using this personal data. Further details such as title, first name, last name and company affiliation are also required for this registration in order to provide you with a confirmation of registration and event-related documents. The user data required for event registration is stored in the EIZO content management system. The service provider of the EIZO content management system is the company TWT reality bytes, Cologne, Germany.
The data will not be transmitted to any other third parties. The user data will be deleted after the event.
h) For development projects of the EIZO website or its further presence on the social web
The EIZO website is constantly evolving. In order to realise these developments, EIZO commissions external service providers who require unrestricted access to the EIZO website including the Web server when delivering innovative features. These service providers are TWT reality bytes GmbH, Cologne, Germany, TYPO3 Büro rené gandia lopez, Erkrath, Germany, managedhosting.de GmbH, Berlin, Germany. In addition, the consulting company 1-2-social, Munich, Germany, is involved in managing the social websites of EIZO. In these operations, there is usually no need for the aforementioned companies to access and process personal data located in the EIZO systems. However, in some development projects, existing personal data may be migrated or moved by such third parties in the system installations. Any further use is excluded.
6. Further information on the legal basis of processing data
Art. 6 I (a) GDPR serves as the legal basis for EIZO Europe GmbH for processing operations that require obtaining consent for a specific processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is required to execute a contract of which the data subject is a party, the data will be processed in accordance with Art. 6 I (b) GDPR. The same applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures, for example, in the case of inquiries about our services and products. If EIZO Europe GmbH is subject to a legal obligation requiring the processing of personal data, the data will be processed in accordance with Art. 6 I (c) GDPR. In rare cases, the processing of personal data may be required to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person. In this case, the data will be processed in accordance with Art. 6 I (d) GDPR. Furthermore, processing operations may be based on Art. 6 I (f) GDPR. Processing operations that are not covered by any of the above legal bases are based on this legal basis if processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of EIZO Europe GmbH or a third party, unless the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the data subject prevail. We are permitted such processing operations in particular because they were specifically mentioned by the European legislator (see recital 47, second sentence, GDPR).
7. Consideration of legitimate interests
If the processing of personal data is based on Article 6 I (f) GDPR, the legitimate interest of EIZO Europe GmbH is the execution and fulfilment of our business activities in favour of our employees and shareholders.
8. Disclosure of data
We share your personal data with third parties only where service partners involved in the execution of the contract are concerned, such as the logistics company commissioned with delivery and the bank responsible for payment matters. However, when your personal data is shared with third parties, the scope of the data transmitted is limited to the minimum required.
When paying by credit card, you enter your data as part of the order process in a form on our website. The data is not stored by us, but transmitted directly, after you send the form, to a server of the company 1 & 1 iPayment, Eigendorfer Str. 57, 56410 Montabauer, Germany, and stored there. The company 1 & 1 iPayment will not share your information with third parties except for data necessary for the payment process with your credit card company.
Your personal data is not shared with other third parties for purposes other than those mentioned in Section 5 above.
We will only share your personal information with third parties if:
- you expressly consented to this in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (a) GDPR
- disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (f) GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a prevailing, legitimate interest in not disclosing your data
- in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (c) GDPR is a legal obligation; and
- this is legally permissible and, according to Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (b) GDPR, is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
As part of the order process, we will obtain your consent to share your information with third parties.
Information that results from the specific device used is stored in the cookie. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
Cookies serve to make using our offer more convenient for you. For example, we use so-called session cookies to recognise that you have visited individual pages of our website during the current session. These are automatically deleted after leaving our page.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to take advantage of our services, it automatically recognises that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings you have made in order not to have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies is required for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a prompt is displayed before a new cookie is created. Disabling cookies completely may mean that you cannot use all features of our website.
10. Links to third party websites
The links published on our website are researched and compiled with the utmost care. However, we have no influence on the current and future design and content of the linked pages. We are not responsible for the content of the linked pages and we expressly do not endorse the content of these pages. For illegal, incorrect or incomplete contents as well as for damage resulting from the use or non-use of the information, the provider of the website to which reference was made is solely liable. Liability of those who only refer to the publication by means of a link is excluded. We are only responsible for third-party references if we have positive knowledge of them, that is, also of any illegal or punishable content, and if it is technically possible and reasonable for us to prevent their use.
11. Analysis and tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (f) GDPR. By employing such tracking measures, we want to ensure an appropriate design and the continuous optimisation of our website. We use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offer for you. These interests are deemed legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be derived from the corresponding tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics1
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, hereinafter ‘Google’) for the purpose of customising and continually optimising our pages. In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see Section 5) used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- browser type/version
- operating system used
- referrer URL (previously visited page)
- host name of accessing computer (IP address)
- time of server request
You can prevent installation of cookies by adjusting your browser settings; however, please note that if you do so, you may not have access to the full scope of all functions on this website.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by clicking the link above. This will place an opt-out cookie on your computer, which prevents future collection of your data when visiting our website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
For more information about privacy related to Google Analytics, please see the following link in Google Analytics Help: support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
b) Google Adwords conversion tracking
To statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our website, we also use Google conversion tracking. In doing so, Google Adwords will set a cookie (see Section 5) on your computer if you have reached our website via a Google ad.
These cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer’s website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the customer can recognise that the user clicked the ad and was redirected to this page.
Every Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Therefore, cookies cannot be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. The information gathered using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Adwords customers are provided with the total number of users who clicked their ad and were redirected to a page tagged for conversion tracking. However, they do not receive information that personally identifies users.
12. Social media plugins
Pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (f) GDPR, we rely on social plugins of social networks (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+) in order to make our company better known. The underlying commercial purpose is deemed a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. Responsibility for ensuring an operation that is compliant with data protection lies with the respective providers. These plugins are integrated by us by way of the so-called two-click method to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way.
Our website uses social media plugins from Facebook to personalise the use of the site. We use the ‘LIKE’ and/or ‘SHARE’ buttons for this purpose. This is a service offered by Facebook.
If you open a page of our website that contains such a plugin, your browser will create a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The contents of the plugin will be transferred directly from Facebook to your browser, which will embed them in the website.
The embedded plugin provides Facebook with the information that you have opened the relevant page on our website even if you do not have a Facebook account or are currently not logged into Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted from your browser directly to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged into Facebook, Facebook can connect your visit to our website directly to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example, by clicking the ‘LIKE’ or ‘SHARE’ button, the relevant information will be transferred by your browser directly to Facebook, where it is then saved. The information will also be published on Facebook visible to everyone.
Facebook may use this information for the purpose of advertising, market research and custom Facebook pages. For this purpose, Facebook creates user, interest and relationship profiles, for example, to evaluate your use of our website in relation to the advertisements displayed for you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website and to provide other services related to the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to connect the data collected via our website to your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
The purpose and scope of data collection, as well as additional processing and use of the data by Facebook, as well as your associated rights and potential settings for protecting your privacy can be found in the Facebook data protection policy: www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
Our website integrates plugins from the short message network of Twitter Inc. (Twitter). The Twitter plugins (tweet button) can be recognised by the Twitter logo on our site. For an overview of tweet buttons, see this link on Twitter: dev.twitter.com/web/tweet-button
If you open a page of our website that contains such a plugin, your browser will create a direct connection to the Twitter server. Twitter receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Twitter ‘tweet button’ while logged into your Twitter account, you can link the contents of our pages to your Twitter profile. This allows Twitter to associate your visit to our pages with your user account. Please note that we, the provider of the websites, have no knowledge of the contents of the data transferred or its use by Twitter.
If you do not want Twitter to associate your visit to our pages, please log out of your Twitter user account.
You can find more information in Twitter’s data protection statement at twitter.com/privacy
Functions of the Instagram service are integrated into our webpages. These features and functions are provided by Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA. If you are logged into your Instagram account, you can link the contents of our pages to your Instagram profile by clicking on the Instagram button. This allows Instagram to associate your visit to our pages with your user account. Please note that we, the provider of the websites, have no knowledge of the contents of the data transferred or its use by Instagram.
e) Other plugins from Pinterest, Vimeo and others
We sometimes embed additional plugins from other selected platforms (for example, Pinterest, Dailymotion or Vimeo) in order to make our Internet services more attractive and user friendly for our visitors. These plugins are usually marked by the logo of the cooperation partner and a written note.
Your browser will create a direct and short connection with the plugin servers as soon as you open one of our websites that contains such a plugin. This is done mainly in order to display the contents of the plugin. The cooperative partner will be able to view your IP address in this case. In practice, this IP address cannot be associated to your name without taking additional steps. In certain circumstances, the owner of the platform can save a cookie to your computer during this process (see the information on cookies above). Whether you wish to accept this cookie can be determined using your Internet browser settings.
f) Affiliate programmemes from Amazon.de, Hatch and others
EIZO is a participant in the Affiliate Programmeme of Amazon Europe S.à.r.l., an affiliate advertising programmeme designed for websites that earn advertising cost reimbursements through the placement of advertisements and links to amazon.de.
In addition, EIZO cooperates as a partner with online retailers in order to display to you, the user, webshops that sell EIZO products. These include the retailers displayed on the product details pages after clicking the ‘Buy’ button. You, the user, will be rerouted to the website of the online retailer when you click their logo. This service is provided either by direct forwarding or by HATCH B.V., which is headquartered in the Netherlands (Weerdestein 117-II, 1083 GH Amsterdam, NL). Data is transferred to our partner Hatch so that they can provide said services in this context. You can find more information in the provider’s data protection policy: gethatch.com/privacy.
13. Rights of the data subject
You have the following rights:
- In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, you may request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data is or has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the source of your data, if not collected from us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about their details;
- In accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, you may demand the correction of incorrect data or the completion of your personal data stored by us;
- In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, you may demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, except where the processing is required for exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- In accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, you may demand restriction of processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to have your data deleted and we no longer need the data, however, you require this data to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, you may obtain your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or request transfer to another controller;
- In accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, you may revoke your consent granted to us at any time. As a result, we would no longer be allowed to continue data processing based on this consent; and
- In accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, you may file a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority assigned to your usual place of residence or work or to our company headquarters
14. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 (f), you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without specification of any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to: eeg-data-protection(at)eizo.com
15. Data security
We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within the site visit, in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is encrypted is indicated by the closed representation of the key or lock icon in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
18. Technical security
Protection of the user’s personal information is important to EIZO; we continually update and improve our technical and organisational security measures for protecting the data transferred to us. These measures are intended to prevent, to the best of our ability, unauthorised access, illegal deletion and manipulation or accidental loss of the data.
1 Data protection authorities require the conclusion of a contract data processing agreement as a condition for allowing the use of Google Analytics. Google provides a template (available in German only) at https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html.
Online service content
EIZO Europe GmbH compiled all information and elements of this website to the best of its knowledge and belief. The information is based on the status provided in each case. Nonetheless, EIZO is not liable for any out of date, incorrect, incomplete, inferior, or technically inexact information provided. Similarly, EIZO is not liable for any and all damages caused by computer viruses when opening or downloading information from this website. All offers are non-binding. EIZO reserves the explicit right to change, expand or delete parts of the site or the entire service without any particular notification, or to discontinue publication temporarily or permanently.
References and links
In the event that EIZO references third party websites, directly or indirectly (links), the contents of which we have no influence over, EIZO is liable only if it is fully and exactly aware of the contents of said website and it is technically possible and can be expected that it would prevent use in the event of illegal contents. The provider or operator of the linked site is always responsible for the contents of said site. The linked site was checked for potential legal issues at the time that it was linked. Illegal content could not be found at the time the site was linked to. Permanent content monitoring of the linked site is, however, not reasonable without any concrete reasons for suspecting illegal activity. We will remove these types of links immediately if any illegal activity is discovered.
Copyright and trademark law
Texts, images and graphics, including their placement on the EIZO website, are subject to protection under copyright laws and other protective legislation. They may only be used for personal, non-commercial use, in whole or in part. An exception is the use of press information from press releases, if and inasmuch as these copies are connected to EIZO in an editorial context. In the event that contents and elements of the EIZO website are saved, copied or distributed with permission under these laws, the copyright of EIZO Europe GmbH must be referenced. The images on the EIZO website, as well as newspaper and magazine articles, may also be subject in part to copyright from third parties.
‘EIZO’ is legally protected under international trademark laws. Other company names and logos as well as product names listed on the EIZO website may also be protected trademarks of the relevant owner.
Legal validity of this disclaimer
This disclaimer is to be viewed as part of the Internet services that link to this page. In the event that parts or individual wording of this text do not or no longer comply with current valid laws, or do not comply with said laws completely, all remaining parts of the document shall remain untouched in terms of validity and content.